breadcrumbs-home chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo cross minus plus menu search oregon chemeketa-instagram chemeketa-logo-full-color envelope-o star check close home chevron-left chevron-right plus2 chevron-up chevron-down twitter facebook envelope linkedin angle-left angle-right angle-up angle-down rotate-left instagram
Jump to Header Jump to Main Navigation and Secondary Navigation Jump to main content Jump to Footer

Change Your Academic Intent

It’s important to keep your academic record up to date. Let us know if you want to change your academic focus or catalog year—this helps us keep track of your enrollment, academic progress and what financial aid you’re eligible for.

How to Change Your Academic Intent (Major)

  • Meet with an advisor to discuss which academic program best fits your educational goal
  • You can find the list of programs offered at Chemeketa using the active majors list
    • Changing your academic program may impact your financial aid and/or veterans benefits
  • Complete a Change of Academic Intent form (formerly Change of Major form) found on our Student Forms page 
    • To submit this form you must be logged into your student MyChemeketa gmail account
    • If you are having issues accessing the form try using an incognito browser window to ensure you are logged out of any other email domains
  • If you’re interested in a limited enrollment program, review the program’s web page for application processes and deadlines –
    • Limited enrollment programs have a separate admission processes to be accepted to the program
    • The change of academic intent form will only declare your interest in a limited enrollment program, it is not a request for admission to the program

Change Your Catalog Year

If you’ve attended Chemeketa within the last five years without a break in enrollment longer than two years, you can choose to graduate under a different catalog year than the one assigned to you.

  • Choose the catalog year that best suits your situation
    • Catalog year must be within the last five years
    • Contact an advisor if you’re unsure what catalog year is right for you
    • Look at your DegreeWorks to find your current catalog year
  • Complete a Change of Academic Intent form (formerly Change of Major form) found on our Student Forms page