This hands-on training experience helps you gain employability skills if you are new to the skilled trades.
How to Apply
Interested in working in construction or applying for a Registered Apprenticeship program? Apply in the next opening.
Next Session Summer 2022
|To be announced|
First Aid/CPR Training
|To be announced|
OSHA 10 Training
|To be announced|
Next course begins
Next application due date
To be announced
Email with any questions you may have.
Cost & Financial Resources
Program costs may include tuition and fees of the required courses. If grant funding is available to cover your tuition and fees, you will be informed after you apply.
You may qualify for more than one funding program.
College programs may provide financial help.
- Age 18 or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of Math 070 or highter OR a qualifying math placement test score
- Reliable transportation to Chemeketa
- Computer or tablet to complete online assignments (loaners available)
- Wi-Fi access
- Eligible to enroll in classes at Chemeketa (no outstanding balance on your account)
- Legally able to work in the United States
Receive industry-recognized credentials that help you secure a Registered Apprenticeship position and a job in construction.
- A certificate that demonstrates you have completed a Registered Pre-Apprenticeship Program
- College credit for courses
- APR 101, Trade Skills Fundamentals
- An employment-related course or internship
- OSHA 10 card
- First-Aid/CPR card
Receive and keep up to $650 in items from a BOLI ODOT grant -
- Safety clothing
- Gas cards
Chemeketa placement testing for Apprenticeship
- Submit this online form to determine the test you need: placement assessment
- Answer all questions, and Chemeketa Placement staff will direct you to the correct placement test. Under the Intent section, select “I am applying for an Apprenticeship...”
- You will be notified by Placement staff with further instructions on how to take the placement test. Allow five business days to hear back.
- You will take the placement test at home, online and at your convenience.
- Once completed, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a PDF copy of your results. Allow two business days to receive the results.
- Questions or concerns? Contact email@example.com
APR 101, Trade Skills Fundamentals (4 credits). Performance-based learner outcomes -
- Use information to select the trade as a career.
- Apply industry standard safe workplace behavior.
- Use trade-specific vocabulary in workplace situations.
- Make common trade calculations.
- Use safety standards with selected power and hand tools.
- Read a basic blueprint.
- Identify rigging slings, hitches, hardware, and signals.
One of the following -
- CWE Internship course (2 credits) OR
- FE 120 Career Jump Start Course (3 credits) OR
- CTE college course in sheet metal, HVAC/R, electronics, welding, automotive, diesel, or drafting or other approved course
- One year of algebra on a high school transcript with a C or better OR
- Community college math placement test scoring with placement into Chemeketa’s Math 070 or higher or equivalent OR
- Math 070 or higher at Chemeketa on a college transcript or equivalent course at another college or university
HS diploma or GED upon completion of the program
Safety Training - First Aid course, preferably with CPR AND Ladder Safety AND (choose one)
- OSHA 10 OR
- Forklift Operator OR
- Flagger Training OR
- EPA Refrigerant Handling Certification OR
- Other approved safety course
One of the following (not for credit class) -
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion training course OR
- Anti-Harassment Training
Sponsored by Mid-Valley HVAC/R, MA 2026, and Mid-Valley Sheet Metal, MA 1060