Chemeketa Diversity Advisory Council
Promoting the implementation of policies, practices, programs, and activities designed to achieve and sustain an environment of inclusiveness that empowers all students and employees to realize their highest potential without fear.
The Work of the Diversity Advisory Council
The Diversity Advisory Council advises the College President and the Chief Diversity Officer on policies, practices, programs and activities designed to sustain an environment of equity and belonging.
Council members identify and propose actions to monitor and evaluate the progress of the college in maintaining conditions of inclusion that best support Chemeketa's values of diversity and equity.
- Actively engaging, promoting, and collaborating in diversity, equity, and inclusion awareness and education;
- Identifying institutional barriers that may prevent fair and equitable access to opportunity throughout the college community;
- Consulting with college community to identify and propose actions and recommend policy review;
- Honoring accomplishments and best practices.
The Diversity Advisory Council is made up of five subcommittees that actualize the work of DEI at the college.
- Internal Communication and Engagement | Advises the President and Chief Diversity Officer on relevant issues that need to be communicated to the larger public. Drafts communication and recommends an overall framework for communication related to DEI.
Leads: Chris Potts, Associate Dean of Counseling and Career Services
Peter Davis, Human Services Faculty
James Gapinski, Instructional Speacialist
- External Communication and Engament | Advises the President and Chief Diversity Officer on issues of importance to external stakeholders and opportunities to intentionally engage and better serve groups that have been historically marginalized in our service district.
Lead: Diane McLaran, Community Realtions Director
- Data | Advises the President and Chief Diversity Officer on relevant data trends from scorecard, affirmative action report, equity scorecard, Early Momentum Metrics, and other data products, as well as opportunities to increase access and use of data to support college’s commitment to diversity and equity.
Lead: Heidi Gilliard, Director of Insitutional Research and Reporting
- College Climate | Advises the President and Chief Diversity Officer on opportunities and challenges related to College’s Equity roadmap action items.
Lead: Heather McDaniel, Director of Human Resources
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Education | Advises the President and Chief Diversity Officer on informing, collaborating, and planning education opportunities college-wide.
Lead: Jon Mathis, Ttitle IX Coordinator and DEI Educator
Linda Ringo-Reyna, Multicultural Student Services Coordinator
Layli Liss, Associate Dean of Academic Innovation